Tuesday, July 13, 2010

The trip to the north was excellent, especially for the beautiful sight: I enjoyed seeing the mountains and the views, like Switzerland. I particularly liked observing life in the Basque country, a unique expression of independence.
There was also, Pamplona, but I did not take part in the celebrations, even if I bought the customary red scarf and belt. More interesting were San Sebastian, Burgos and Medinaceli. The view of the pilgrims on the route to Santiago the Compostela was incredible.
I consider myself fortunate that I was here when Spain won the World Cup. I did not get close to the stadium or the places of celebration (I heard from the other students that probably 25 was the older.....), but I feel the spirit, hear the noise and see the red and yellow all around.
Classes continue, as expected, with more demands, but they are very interesting. I am also in a class on Miro and Dali which gives me insight on these unique artists.
I am taking advantage of every opportunity, conferences, discussions and seminars.

No comments:

Post a Comment